Call us: 704.307.9541
Ashlyn Lelej, MS, CCC-SLP
Ashlyn graduated Magna Cum Laude from North Carolina State University with an undergraduate degree in Communication Disorders. She attained her Master of Science in Speech-language Pathology from East Carolina University. Since her graduation, she has worked in many different settings since 2002, including home health, inpatient and outpatient medical facilities, the school setting and private practice.
- Certificate of clinical competence from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Lee Silverman Voice Program
- Debra Beckman Oral Motor Program
- Numerous Continuing Education Programs (Autism spectrum disorder, apraxia and oral-motor and feeding issues.)
Ashlyn enjoys working with all ages with many different speech, language, voice and feeding/oral motor disorders and truly loves her work. She opened Speech Matters, LLC with the intention of creating a warm and effective therapy environment for all ages that focuses on client and family-directed individual care while utilizing the most current research and intervention techniques.
Licensed in North Carolina (#6505)
Heather True, MA, CCC-SLP
Heather earned her undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Missouri State University in 1995 and her Masters in Communication Disorders from Louisiana State University in 1997. She has worked in various settings, such as, skilled nursing facilities, home health/early intervention and the school system. She has experience with articulation/phonological processing disorders, language disorders and, most recently, working with individuals with severe to profound developmental disabilities, focusing on augmentative and alternative communication. Heather enjoys her job and loves seeing her clients make progress in their abilities to communicate!
- Licensed in the state of North Carolina (#8752)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language Association
- Multiple continuing education courses related to speech, language and swallowing disorders
Martha Weaver, MA, CCC-SLP
Martha graduated from James Madison University in 1992 with a B.A. in Communication and a minor in Speech-Language Pathology and received her M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, in 1994. She has enjoyed working in various settings, including inpatient and outpatient adult rehab, public and private schools (preschool, elementary and middle school) and daycare settings. Martha has experience working with adult stroke and TBI patients as well as children with various articulation and language disorders. She enjoys working with both children and adults in the areas of speech and language. Martha loves working with clients and helping them reach their full potential!
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and Member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, North Carolina, #4952
- Numerous continuing education courses in the areas of speech, language and swallowing disorders